Saturday, October 18, 2014

TIMELY WISDOM


In 2002 we moved to Eden Prairie, Minnesota from Rockford, Illinois. At that time in my life, I was looking for new challenges. I began writing as a new career. Writing requires two things: having something to say and being able to say it clearly. I had lots of things I want to say, but my writing skills were marginal, so I had to reinvent myself. Over the years I have improved my writing skills.

For about the first five years I was content to write Insights into life. At the urging of my son who thought I had had a very eventful life, I began writing my first book, an autobiography called “I Remember”.

About the same time I began writing for Wooddale Church and authored about 50 articles, which I later published in my third book “Good News of Great Joy”.

After my first book I wrote a second book on “How to Build a Meaningful Career”. This book responds to the many people I have encounted at the crossroads of life that were unable to sort things out and establish a new direction.

My fourth book, “Timely Wisdom” is a selection of 50 of the more than 100 Insights I have written. Insight means seeing clearly into the fundamental nature of reality. True wisdom is not just thinking smart. There are many smart people who come up with the wrong conclusions. True wisdom comes from having both knowledge and understanding, and being able to apply it. It requires prospective and a good moral compass.

Over the and years a number of people have told me I have the gift of wisdom. I will let you be the judge.

Timely Wisdom: 50 Valuable Insights into Life is available at Amazon.com or the Wooddale Bookstore.

No comments:

Post a Comment